If you've recently lost an item on any London Northwestern Railway journey, we will do our best to help reunite you with your belongings.
We have partnered with MissingX and Zero Burden Service to ensure that you can search for, claim, or register your lost item.
How to search or register a lost item
Begin your search on the MissingX portal using the link below. You will be able to see items we have found and you can claim your lost item.
If your item is not listed then we are yet to find it or it has not been found. In this case, please register your loss with MissingX and if your item is found, we will contact you direct to let you know.
Unclaimed items will be passed to our partner Zero Burden Service after 14 days for the remainder of the 12 week storage period.
What you need to know
- It can take up to seven days for items to be located and logged by our teams on MissingX
- Items left on a train are passed to station staff where that train terminated. This may not always be operated by London Northwestern Railway
- Items left at a station are handled and logged by station staff
- Items found at our train depot will be passed to Zero Burden Service for storage
- Collecting your item in person from our stations is free. Items will be held for two weeks before being passed to Zero Burden Service for storage
- Items located within Zero Burden Service storage will incur a service fee to claim
- Perishable items will be disposed of straight away
- For security reasons items must be examined, so we may need to cut off any locks
- Suspicious items will be reported to the British Transport Police
- Items are stored for 12 weeks before we dispose of them
Advice when registering a lost item
When logging your item on the MissingX portal, please provide as much detail as possible to assist our lost property team. You will also need to let us know where you think it was lost e.g. on what service or at what station?
If you are logging more valuable items such as laptops and phones, try and provide these additional details:
- Any distinguishing features (cracked screen, stickers on case etc)
For train journeys terminating or lost at the following stations, follow the links accordingly:
- For Birmingham New Street, contact 03300 240 215, option 2, 2, 1
- For Liverpool Lime Street, contact 03300 240 215, option 2, 2, 3
- For London Euston, contact 03300 240 215, option 2, 1, 2
- For Bushey, Harrow & Wealdstone stations, contact London Underground
- For Kidsgrove, Alsager, contact East Midlands Railway
- For Liverpool South Parkway, contact Merseyrail
- If your property was lost elsewhere, please register your item using the MissingX portal and we will do our best to reunite you with your lost item.
Frequently asked questions
Type in www.missingx.com into your browser, or simply click the 'search or register your item' button at the top of this page.
In the search bar, describe your lost item in one word and click 'next'.
Select the country and date you lost the item and click 'next'.
Select 'train station' and choose either 'on train' or 'on station'.
You will then be asked to provide further details on where you lost the item.
Simply press the search button to start the search for your lost item. The results page will open.
Please note: it can take up to seven days for an item to be found and recorded on MissingX. Please check back once this timeframe has passed.
We do not put accurate details such as IMEI or serial numbers on the MissingX results page. To do so could result in crime, such as fraud.
It is advised for you to look for an item that is closest in description using the make/model/colour and the date found.
Please note: Allow up to seven days from the date of loss as it can take up to seven days for the item to be found and reported.
If you see an item that may be yours, click the 'envelope' icon on the right side of the item and fill in the claim form. Please add all details including any IMEI or serial number, distinguishing features or PIN (lock code) number.
If you cannot find your item on the results page, try doing another search. In the description field, try to think like someone who is recording your item that doesn't know what it is. For example, if you have lost a blue Barbour jacket, try the following single word details in the search bar; 'jacket', the make of jacket 'Barbour', and the colour 'blue'. Use one word if you can as this opens the field. You can narrow it down on the results page using the categories filter.
If your item is still not found, we recommend that you register the item as lost by creating a free account. You can even upgrade that account to add photos of your lost item and you can also add a reward if you like.
Please note: Allow up to seven days from the date of loss as it can take up to seven days for lost property to be found and reported.
If you have been matched with your item on MissingX within two weeks of it being found, you can collect it in person for free from the selected station. Please note that larger items may have already been collected by our partner Zero Burden Service before then. If so, you will need to arrange delivery from Zero Burden Service.
If you have been matched with your item on MissingX after two weeks, your item may have been passed to Zero Burden Service for storage. If so, you can arrange for your item to be sent to you from Zero Burden Service (delivery costs will not be covered by London Northwestern Railway and prices will depend on the size of the item).
MissingX is the world's leading provider of lost and found solutions.