Get the best ticket
We’ve got lots of flexible ticket options so you can travel when it’s right for you.
At a glance, there are 5 main ticket types, suitable for a range of needs – from cheapest price to total flexibility.
The key benefits of each ticket are in the Daily, Season, Combination (multi-modal) and More Ways to Save sections on this page with further links to the really detailed information for where it’s available and when you’re able to use it.
|Best for||Refunds available||Railcard discount available||Travel on any train (unless train company is specified)||Available to buy on the day or earlier|
|Up to 23:59
|Off-Peak||Cheaper prices for avoiding
|Within Off-Peak times|
|Anytime||Total flexibility - any time any day||Minimum
|Flexi||Commuting 10 times in 2 months||
(on the full set)
times a week
|Up to 14 days before the start date|
Advance tickets are the cheapest, available on longer journeys. Book early to avoid the rush!
- fares from £3 one-way
- book up to 12 weeks ahead
Find out more about Advance tickets
Available throughout the day at quieter times, and cheaper than Anytime tickets.
- weekends are entirely off-peak
- no need to pre-book
- avoid the rush hours
Find out more about Off-Peak tickets
Anytime train tickets are fully flexible tickets, for travel at any time of the day.
- travel at any time
- no need to pre-book
- anytime and any train
Find out more about Anytime tickets
For travel on the same route on a regular or daily basis.
- Unlimited travel between the stations on your route
- Weekly, monthly or annual tickets
- First-class tickets available
Find out more about Season tickets
Student Season tickets
For students who travel to school, college or university every day.
- Save up to 50% on the usual season ticket price
- No age restrictions
- Valid for a whole academic term
Find out more about Student Season tickets
For commuters that want a season ticket without the commitment of a weekly, monthly or annual.
- Bulk buy 10 Anytime Return tickets and save 10%
- Use any time within 2 calendar months
- Available from stations
Find out more about Flexi tickets
You can also find out more about the new Flexi Season ticket coming soon
Combined bus, train and tram tickets
Unlimited travel on London's public transport network within London zones 1-6.
- Unlimited travel at any time on bus, tube, tram, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), London Overground, Transport for London Rail and National Rail services in London
- Travel any time of day, any day of the week around Central London
Find out more about London Travelcards on the Transport for London website
Transport for West Midlands (TfWM)
nTrain and nNetwork tickets offer unlimited travel within TfWM zones.
- Unlimited train, bus and tram travel within the West Midlands
- Daily, weekly, monthly, 3 months, and annual tickets available
Find out more about TfWM tickets on the West Midlands Railway website
Unlimited bus & tram travel around the urban area of a rail-served town or city
- Unlimited bus and tram travel on most or all operator’s services
- Hop on and off as much as you like
- No peak restrictions
Find out more about PlusBus Tickets
More ways to save
Ranger & Rovers
Perfect for those who want to explore a few places in a day, or over a few days.
- Unlimited travel in a defined area for up to seven days
- Hop on and off as much as you like within a certain area
- Use 7 days a week, Monday-Friday is off-peak
Find out more about West Midlands Day Ranger & Heart of England Rover tickets
Special low-cost train fares to/from Birmingham International Airport.
- Travel at any time of day – including peak time
- Book tickets online up to six months in advance
- Valid on WMR and LNR services only
Find out more about Train-to-Plane Saver tickets