We’ve got lots of flexible ticket options so you can travel when it’s right for you.
At a glance, there are 5 main ticket types, suitable for a range of needs – from cheapest price to total flexibility.
The key benefits of each ticket are in the Daily, Season, Combination (multi-modal) and More Ways to Save sections on this page with further links to the really detailed information for where it’s available and when you’re able to use it.
|Best for||Refunds available||Railcard discount available||Travel on any train (unless train company is specified)||Available to buy on the day or earlier|
|Up to 23:59
|Off-Peak||Cheaper prices for avoiding
|✔||✔||Within Off-Peak times||✔|
|Anytime||Total flexibility - any time any day||✔||Minimum
|Flexi Season||8 days of travel in 28 days||✔||Select Railcards only||✔||✔|
times a week
|✔||✘||✔||Up to 14 days before the start date|
Advance tickets are the cheapest, available on longer journeys. Book early to avoid the rush!
- fares from £3 one-way
- book up to 12 weeks ahead
Find out more about Advance tickets
Available throughout the day at quieter times, and cheaper than Anytime tickets.
- weekends are entirely off-peak
- no need to pre-book
- avoid the rush hours
Find out more about Off-Peak tickets
Anytime train tickets are fully flexible tickets, for travel at any time of the day.
- travel at any time
- no need to pre-book
- anytime and any train
Find out more about Anytime tickets
For travel on the same route on a regular or daily basis.
- Unlimited travel between the stations on your route
- Weekly, monthly or annual tickets
- Eligible for further discounts on leisure rail travel with Annual Gold Cards
Find out more about Season tickets
Student Season tickets
For students who travel to school, college or university every day.
- Save up to 50% on the usual season ticket price
- No age restrictions
- Valid for a whole academic term
Find out more about Student Season tickets
Perfect for those who work a couple of times a week at peak time Monday to Friday.
- 8 days of travel in 28 days
- Anytime between two stations
Find out more about Flexi Season tickets
Combined bus, train and tram tickets
Unlimited travel on London's public transport network within London zones 1-6.
- Unlimited travel at any time on bus, tube, tram, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), London Overground, Transport for London Rail and National Rail services in London
- Travel any time of day, any day of the week around Central London
Find out more about London Travelcards .
Transport for West Midlands (TfWM)
nTrain and nNetwork tickets offer unlimited travel within Network West Midlands zonal map - March 2022 .
- Unlimited train, bus and tram travel within the West Midlands
- Daily, weekly, monthly, 3 months, and annual tickets available
Find out more about TfWM tickets on the West Midlands Railway website
Unlimited bus & tram travel around the urban area of a rail-served town or city
- Unlimited bus and tram travel on most or all operator’s services
- Hop on and off as much as you like
- No peak restrictions
Find out more about PlusBus Tickets
More ways to save
Ranger & Rovers
Perfect for those who want to explore a few places in a day, or over a few days.
- Unlimited travel in a defined area for up to seven days
- Hop on and off as much as you like within a certain area
- Use 7 days a week, Monday-Friday is off-peak
Find out more about West Midlands Day Ranger & Heart of England Rover tickets
Kids travel for just £1
Enjoy a family day trip to London with our Off-Peak Family Travelcard.
- Up to four kids travel for just £1 into London zones 1-6 with a full fare-paying adult
- Unlimited off-peak travel on bus, tube, tram, DLR journeys around London
- Valid on WMR and LNR services only
Find out more about Off-Peak Family Travelcard