Disabled Persons Railcard
With a Disabled Persons Railcard you can get 1/3 off rail fares for you and a friend to travel across Britain.
There are no time restrictions on the Disabled Persons Railcard, so you can use it to get a discount on tickets at any time of the day. The Disabled Persons Railcard is for people with a disability that makes travelling by train difficult.
You will qualify if you:
- receive Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at either:
- the higher or lower rate for the mobility component, or
- the higher or middle rate for the care component
- have a visual impairment
- have a hearing impairment
- have epilepsy
- receive Attendance Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance
- receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- receive War or Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability
- buy or lease a vehicle through the Motability scheme