Our cycle policy
If you want to take your bike on the train, then:
- There’s space for two bikes on board each service, completely free of charge. Many of our newer trains have a space just for cycles, so look out for that as well. If the train is quiet, the Senior Conductor may allow more bikes on
- Full-size bikes cannot be taken on any train arriving in London Euston between 07:00 and 09:59, or departing from London Euston between 16:00 and 18:59 from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- Folding cycles can be carried on any service, any time, no charge
- If you do want to take your bike on the train, especially from our busier stations, it’s worth finding out times of our quieter services
Please be considerate of others. For example, do not ride your bicycle on railway property, including platforms, because it’s dangerous to you and others. Always remember, you should give priority in accessible spaces to passengers with disabilities
Switch all bike lights off when on the railway (including on helmets), because a red light represents an instruction to a train driver to stop.
Cycles on other trains
Plusbike gives you loads of cycling information across the UK, such as:
- Cycle facilities and number of spaces at different stations
- Cycle carriage rules by train company
- Cycle reservations requirements (if any)
Cycle storage at the station
You can also leave your bike safely and securely at many local stations, but it’s worth double-checking first what bike storage facilities are available.