Get compensation when you're delayed by 15 minute or more.
We dislike train delays as much as you do. Even small delays can have a knock-on effect on your day. Which is why if you hold a valid ticket for your journey, you can claim compensation for delays of just 15 minutes or more, no matter what the reason.
The total compensation payable per day is limited to 100% of the daily cost of your ticket.
If you don't hold a season ticket, you have a 'daily ticket':
|Length of delay||Compensation|
|15 to 29 minutes||25% of your single ticket cost or 12.5% of your return ticket cost|
|30 to 59 minutes||50% of the cost of your one-way ticket or 25% of the cost of your return ticket|
|60 to to 119 minutes||100% of the cost of your one-way ticket or 50% of the cost of your return ticket|
|120 minutes or longer||100% of the cost of your ticket whether it's single or return|
If you hold a ticket with unlimited travel for more than one week, you have a 'season ticket':
|Length of delay||Compensation|
|15 to 29 minutes||12.5% of your daily travel cost|
|30 to 59 minutes||25% of your daily travel cost|
|60 to to 119 minutes||50% of your daily travel cost|
|120 minutes or longer||100% of your daily travel cost|
The 'daily travel cost' is calculated based one return journey per working day, and 5 working days per week:
|Season Ticket||The Daily Travel Cost is calculated
by dividing the cost of your
season ticket by...
|7-Day Season Ticket||5|
|4-Week Season Ticket||20|
|Monthly Season Ticket||20|
|Annual Season Ticket||232|
Dementia is the UK's biggest killer. Someone develops it every three minutes and there is currently no cure.
The Alzheimer's Society work to support individuals affected by dementia. Too many people face dementia alone. Expert Dementia Advisers and trained volunteers are available to speak to by phone or face-to-face.
Working together with Alzheimer's Society we will achieve a world without dementia. If you donate your Delay Repay compensation to the Alzheimer's Society, you can help them keep delivering their around the clock service to anyone who may need it.
It's quicker and easier to claim online, but alternatively you can pick up a claim form at staffed stations, or download the form here.
Post the completed form in an envelope to us at:
"Freepost LONDON NORTHWESTERN RAILWAY DELAY REPAY"
Please note this is the full address, shortened for your ease.
- If you have a mobile ticket, simply include your ticket reference number on the Delay Repay Form so we can verify your ticket purchase.
- You must make your claim within 28 days of the delay.
- Remember, though, we’ll not normally accept a claim if you were told in advance of your journey that there would be a delay.
We hope we can deal with your claim to your satisfaction. However, should you wish to appeal the outcome of your claim, please contact us.
You’ll need your claim reference and either the email address or postcode provided to us when your claim was submitted. Your claim reference is specified in any correspondence we have sent you about this claim.
When your appeal is submitted, we will revisit your claim and get back in touch with a further decision.
- Please note, delays are calculated against the planned, advertised timetable so compensation is not usually offered during periods of pre-planned engineering works and when replacement bus services are used.
- Sending us a claim form does not guarantee that you will get compensation, and it does not affect your legal rights. These rights are set out in the National Rail Conditions of Travel.
- Delays are calculated against the planned, advertised timetable so compensation is not usually offered during periods of pre-planned engineering works and when replacement bus services are used
- You must take care when completing the claim form. West Midlands Railway has an established monitoring system for checking information provided to validate a claim.
- Your application form should reach us within 28 days of the date of the incident.
- You should receive your compensation payment within 14 days of our agreeing your claim.
- If you have any questions about the Delay Repay scheme, contact our London Northwestern Railway Contact Centre, or telephone us on 0333 311 0006.