Save money on regular travel with Season Tickets
Season tickets are a great option for frequent travellers if you’re making the same journey at least three or four times a week. Not only are they cheaper per journey than daily tickets, you also get unlimited travel on your route.
Types of Season tickets
Unlimited travel for 7 consecutive days, pay for just five days. Cheaper than 5 Anytime Day Returns.
Allows for 8 days of travel in 28 days - anytime between two stations. For more information, please visit our Flexi Season ticket page .
Cheaper than 4 separate weekly tickets, start on any day and it's available for a whole calendar month. Alternatively, choose your own time frame with a Monthly+.
The best value season ticket, giving you 52 weeks travel for the price of just 40. Eligible for further discounts on leisure rail travel with an Annual Gold Card.
Season tickets explained
- Unlimited travel between two stations for a specified period of time (or across Travelcard Zones, if in London)
- Include a bus ticket with Plusbus
- Annual Season ticket holders qualify for further discounts off leisure rail travel
- First class Season Tickets are available on selected routes
- Choose from a range of ticket fulfillment methods to suit your needs - Digital , Smartcard or paper.
Season tickets within the West Midlands rail zones are available through the Transport for West Midlands website .
How to buy Season tickets
You can buy your Season Ticket online instead of queuing at the train station on the day of travel. You can also buy season tickets via:
What is a photocard and why do I need one?
You will need to be able to produce a National Rail Photocard (as a form of ID) to buy and travel with a Season Ticket with a validity period of 28 days/1 month or longer. Ticket offices offer these for free; all you need to do is provide a recent passport-type photograph of yourself.
If you are unable to access a ticket office and are purchasing online, we can also accept a standard form of ID - for example a driver's licence, as proof of identification.
Adding a London Travelcard to a Season Ticket
Travelcard season tickets offer unlimited travel anytime within the chosen Travelcard Zones on National Rail, London Underground, DLR, London Bus Network and London Trams services for the period for which the ticket is valid.
To add a Travelcard to a Season Ticket set your destination station to the London zone you require, eg ‘London Underground Zone 1-6’ or ‘London Underground Zones 1-2’.
Termly Student Season tickets – up to 50% off
Travel to school, college or university every day by train? With our termly Student Season Ticket you or your child can get up to 50% discount on the usual season ticket price. Learn more on our Student Season ticket page .
Annual Gold Cards
If you buy an Annual Season Ticket for journeys that start and end within the Annual Gold Card area – see map for eligibility, you’ll automatically qualify for the Annual Gold Card. Annual Gold Card gives you 12 months of travel discounts for yourself and other people travelling with you. Eligible routes include:
- Long Buckby - London Euston (including Marston Vale and Abbey line)
- London - West Midlands as far west as Shrewsbury and as far north as Stafford
Annual Gold Cards benefits
- 1/3 off Standard and First Class Anytime and Off-Peak tickets for the cardholder and up to three adults aged 16 or over travelling with them
- 60% off child fares for up to four children aged between 5 and 15 years (subject to a £1 minimum fare)
- Up to two children aged under 5 years travel free of charge
- A one-year Railcard for £10 for you or a friend
- 1/3 off Off-Peak Day Travelcard Zones 1-6
- 1/3 off Oyster Off-Peak pay as you go single fares and the pay as you go daily price cap (after 09:30 Monday to Friday) for journeys on National Rail, London Underground and Docklands Light Railway services. The Annual Gold Card discount must be loaded on the Oyster card at London Underground ticket offices and is available to the Annual Gold Card holder only
- 1/3 off Anytime Day Travelcards when bought as part of your ticket to London from outside London Zones 1-9 (subject to time restrictions and a £19.10 minimum fare)
- 1/3 off PLUSBUS Day tickets in the Network Railcard area
- Discounts on journeys to the Isle of Wight using Wightlink, Red Funnel and HoverTravel
Discounts are available for travel at or after 09:30 hours on Mondays to Fridays. Valid at any time on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
For more information on the Gold Card please visit www.nationalrail.co.uk/goldcard