Find out what's on-board when you travel with us.
We know how important it is for you to stay connected on your journey, so we’ve introduced free WiFi on many of our trains.
To connect on-board simply go into your WiFi settings and select Loop WiFi from the list of available networks.
You can also enjoy our on-board entertainment service via Loop. You’ll find some great shows and channels to pass the time away.
Go on, you deserve it - and it's not as much as you think!
Business or pleasure, relax with the extra leg room or use your journey to catch up on work in a quieter environment:
- Reclining seats, extra leg room and charge points on most services*
- Available with our Advance, Off-Peak and Anytime tickets
- Get a Weekend First upgrade (Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays) at staffed stations or on-board the train
We don't offer refreshments and there are no wheelchair spaces in first class.
* The 319 train class doesn't have charging points or reclining seats.
Cycling is not only good for mind and body but kinder to the environment, too. So why not don your hi-vis jacket, dust off your helmet and pedal to your local station before jumping on a London Northwestern Railway train for your onward journey.
If you want to take your bike on the train, then:
- There’s space for two bikes on board each service, completely free of charge. Many of our newer trains have a space just for cycles, so look out for that as well. If the train is quiet, the Senior Conductor may allow more bikes on
- Sorry, but full-size bikes cannot be taken on-board certain peak time trains
- Nor can we take full-size bikes on any train arriving in London Euston between 07:00 and 09:59, or departing from London Euston between 16:00 and 18:59 from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays)
- However, folding cycles can be carried on any service, any time, no charge
- If you do want to take your bike on the train, especially from our busier stations, it’s worth finding out times of our quieter services
Cycles on other trains
Plusbike gives you loads of cycling information across the UK, such as:
- Cycle facilities and number of spaces at different stations
- Cycle carriage rules by train company
- Cycle reservations requirements (if any)
Cycle storage at the station
You can also leave your bike safely and securely at many local stations, but it’s worth double-checking first what bike storage facilities are available.
Priority seating is designed to be easily accessible for passengers who need them. These seats are intended for:
- Disabled people
- Elderly people
- A parent carrying a child
When asked politely, most people will be quite happy to move from the seat (unless they need it too) to allow you to sit there instead. However, we understand that not everyone is comfortable or able to ask so we issue priority seating cards on request from our Contact Centre.
We all need to be responsible.
We really don’t want to be killjoys, but to make everyone's journey more pleasant, we’re banning alcohol on London Northwestern Railway trains after 21:00 on Friday and Saturday nights.
We’ll be keeping an eye out as you get on (supported by the British Transport Police), so if you try to bring alcohol on board, or we think you’re a little worse for wear, you won’t be allowed to travel. Sorry.
We’re sure you understand.