GroupSave - Save 1/3
Groups that explore together, save together
If you are travelling together as a small group, our GroupSave discount may just be the ticket!
GroupSave tickets explained
A GroupSave discounted ticket can be applied to an Off-Peak train ticket when between three and nine people travel together. It gives you 1/3 off any journey across our network.
- Helps you save up to 34% on your train journey
- Adults and children can make up the group
- A GroupSave ticket is a free way to get discounted train travel
Just so you know...
- Groups must always travel together
- All members of the group must have the same origin, destination, and route
- GroupSave tickets are only valid on Off-Peak tickets - generally after 0930 Monday to Friday.
- Time restrictions do not apply at weekends or on Bank Holidays.
- Additional discounts e.g. Railcards, cannot be used in conjunction with a GroupSave ticket
Travelling in a group of 10 or more people?
If you are travelling with a group larger than nine people, just add the remaining passengers – a minimum of three – in a separate transaction. Or you can opt for our Group Travel option, which allows groups of ten or more save ¼ off their ticket price. To do this, you must book at least ten days in advance and we will help you get a great price on our less busy trains.
To book Group Travel train tickets, call 0333 311 0006 (lines are open Monday to Friday 09:00 - 18:00)
How to buy a GroupSave ticket
You can buy your GroupSave tickets:
- Online with our journey planner - the GroupSave discount will be automatically applied to your booking when you book between 3 and 9 passengers.
- App - download our app from Google Play or Apple App Store
- Visit us at a staffed station, and our friendly team will help you out
- At a 'self-service' ticket machine - available at many stations
- Call us if you prefer on 0333 311 0006 - we can help you find the right price and train