Coronavirus Update: we’ve amended our refund policy. Check here.
Know when you want to travel? Plan ahead and take advantage of our cheapest fares, available on longer distance routes.
What is an Advance ticket?
- Advance tickets are for single journeys, helping you mix and match with other single tickets to get the best price for your trip
- You’ll need to travel on a specific train at a specific time
- Railcard discounts apply, making it even cheaper
- Advance First tickets are available for first class travel, but don’t worry if you can’t get one - at weekends you can upgrade on-board for just £15 return
- Advance tickets are released every week, up to 12 weeks ahead
- The earlier you book the more likely you’ll get the best deal, but it’s worth checking the night before - they’re available until 23.59 the day prior to travel
- Advance tickets are limited, so when they’re gone, they’re gone!
- Store mobile tickets on your device and present at station barriers and on-board. With e-tickets you’ll also get a PDF as a back up if you prefer to have something you can print
- Collect pre-purchased tickets within 15 minutes from the self-service machines at the station - you’ll need your booking reference and a credit card
- First class post - please allow five working days
- Collect from a staffed ticket office with your booking reference and proof of identification
To make it easy and often cheaper for you, we work with other transport companies to provide connecting travel tickets; including:
Advance fares now on sale for dates up to and including:
|Booking Advance fares until||Routes|
|Monday to Friday||15 May 2020||All|
|Saturday||25 April 2020||All|
|Sunday||10 May 2020||All|
Last updated: 03/04/2020
We have now closed availability for Advance Purchase tickets through to Monday 13 April, as it is likely that a special contingency timetable will be in operation until this date.
We are also not currently open beyond Friday 15 May as we are awaiting confirmation of the timetables that will be in operation on these dates.
We hope to open further dates beyond mid - May in stages, as soon as it is possible to do so.
Our best fares to London
- Birmingham to London from £7.00
- Coventry to London from £7.00
- Northampton to London from £9.50
- Lichfield to London from £8.00
- Stafford to London from £8.00
- Stoke-on-Trent to London from £8.00
- Crewe to London from £9.00
- Liverpool to London from £12.00
Our best fares to Birmingham
- London to Birmingham from £7.00
- Milton Keynes to Birmingham from £6.00
- Liverpool to Birmingham from £9.50
- Crewe to Birmingham from £7.50
- Stafford to Birmingham from £12.10 (return)
Our best fares to Liverpool
- Birmingham to Liverpool from £9.90
- Coventry to Liverpool from £9.90
- Wolverhampton to Liverpool from £9.90
- Stafford to Liverpool from £9.50
- Crewe to Liverpool from £12.30 (return)