Season Ticket refunds
Season Ticket holders seeking a refund for a ticket bought at a West Midlands Railway or London Northwestern Railway station can apply here.
In line with government advice, please do not visit a station for your refund, simply check if you qualify for a refund and complete the application form.
If you have bought a Season Ticket from a third-party retailer (such as an Avanti, Transport for Wales, GWR or Northern stations) you will need to contact them directly – we are unable to process refunds for tickets bought elsewhere. If you have purchased a season ticket through Abellio Corporate Travel, please visit their site here.
Does my ticket qualify for a refund?
- We can only refund Season Tickets bought at our stations, or smartcard Season Tickets, on this form. For other Season Tickets purchased through our website, please email our online Season Ticket support team.
- Station to station, Travelcards, PlusBus and nTrain Season Tickets are eligible for a refund, subject to meeting the qualifying requirements for Season Tickets. nNetwork Season Tickets may also be eligible for a refund, however applications for nNetwork customers should be submitted to Network West Midlands.
- We can generally give you a refund if there is:
- Seven days (or more) left on a Season Ticket valid between one and ten months
- Three days (or more) left on a weekly Season Ticket
- For an annual Season Ticket, there may not be any monetary value left if it is surrendered in the last couple of months of validity. Annual Season tickets have no refund value after 10 months and 13 days, although they are still valid for travel until the expiry date and you can continue to enjoy any Gold Card benefits along with it
- A £10 administration fee will be deducted from your refund automatically.
- Please note that from Monday 7 September 2020, refunds will no longer be backdated prior to the date of application. If you present evidence of a certified illness that prevented you handing in your ticket sooner, your refund could be backdated to a date prior to the date of application.
We currently estimate the completion of applications 28 days after submission, please be aware this may take longer if we need to contact you for further information regarding your application.
If you wish to calculate an estimate of how much you may be refunded, the National Rail website contains a useful calculator which can be found here.
Before you start
You’ll need the following information to hand to help us to process your claim:
A picture of your paper Season Ticket or Season Travelcard, which has been cut in half (or a picture of your LNR smartcard - please do not cut this up)
Your bank account details, to receive your refund via BACS transfer (sort code, account number, account holder’s name)