Class 730 Fleet
The future on our network includes brand-new shiny trains
Our all-new electric class 730 trains are currently being manufactured in Derby by Bombardier. We are hoping that these will start to come into service during 2022.
There will be 45 of these brand-new trains and we are excited to share with you a sneak peek of them being built:
As you can see from the images above we are in the early stages of assembling our new trains. We want you to know that we have put a lot of thought into what you as a customer need to have an enjoyable journey like:
- Tables available throughout the train, including seat back tables
- Plug sockets and USB points to charge on the go at every seat
- Free WiFi to download and catch up with friends
- More seats to allow more passengers on our trains
- Dedicated disabled area to allow up to 2 wheelchairs
- Bike storage which can take up to 3 bikes
- Three toilets, including an accessible toilet, on every train
- Passenger information screens to keep you informed of how your journey is progressing and where seats are available
- Intelligent air conditioning that reacts to the number of passengers on board the train
When these trains are ready, they will go into service along our mainline network replacing some of our older electric trains.
Stay tuned and make sure you come back to stay up to date with the progress of our new trains.