Commuting for work.
If you travel for more than three or four days a week a station-to-station Season Ticket or zonal ticket is the best value ticket for you, with huge savings over buying daily tickets.
- Weekly Seasons - use for seven days, pay for just five, plus you can click & collect within 15 minutes
- Monthly Seasons - use for a calendar month, pay for just 21 days
- Annual Seasons - use for 52 weeks, pay for just 40 weekly seasons
- Or create your own timeframe, minimum of one month
- First class Season Tickets are available on selected routes
- Include Plusbus for getting to/from the station and avoid having two separate tickets to carry about
- Pre-load your Season Ticket onto our Smartcard, saying goodbye to cash and paper tickets. Available on selected routes.
- For 2020 only - a 3% discount is applied to Season Tickets. Valid until 1 January 2021 See below for more details.
What Season Tickets qualify for the 3% discount?
- Weekly, monthly, monthly+ and annual season tickets
- West Midlands nTrain
What tickets don't qualify for the 3% discount?
- Day Single, Day Return and Return - Advance, Super Off-Peak, Off-Peak, Anytime
- West Midlands nNetwork (train, bus & tram combined)
- Scholars (students) season tickets
When will the 3% discount apply and how to get it?
Season tickets purchased between 2 January 2020 and 1 January 2021 will receive the 3% discount.
All West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway staffed ticket offices will automatically apply the 3% discount when you buy your ticket. Partner stations including Avanti West Coast and Chiltern Railway ticket offices will also apply this discount as well.
If you have bought your ticket between 2 January and 15 July 2020 and did not receive a discount at the point of purchase, you may be eligible for a 3% refund please visit here.
As Direct Debit Customers only received their 3% discount at the start of February 2020, they will receive the 3% discount up until the end of January 2021, then they will revert to the standard price.
To support social distancing, we are pleased to now offer smartcards for weekly, monthly and annual Season Ticket holders. This will help you avoid queuing to buy a ticket and make it easier to move through the ticket barriers.
- Choose the Travelcard option for unlimited underground and bus travel within the capital
- Annual ticket holders get a Gold Card - major discounts off rail and bus travel for family and friends
- Pre-load your nTrain or nNetwork Season Ticket onto your Swift card, saying goodbye to cash and paper tickets
- nTrain zonal tickets are for travel on trains only and nNetwork zonal tickets include trains, buses and trams
- Termly, monthly and weekly Swift cards are perfect for students or children
- Get cheaper fares than paying cash on the day
- Manage your account online
- Spread the cost with direct debit
- Please note that pay as you go and multi-day tickets are for bus/tram travel only
- For more info head over to the Swift website
If you’re a regular passenger, CommuterClub gives you the savings of an Annual Season Ticket, but you can spread the cost into bite-size monthly Direct Debit payments. Find out more
- Online with our best fare finder - the easiest way to get the cheapest deal: buy now
- Call us if you prefer on 0333 311 0006 - we can help you find the right price and train
- App - download our app from Google Play or iTunes
- Visit us at a staffed station, and our friendly team will help you out
Choose how to receive your ticket
- Store mobile tickets on your device and present at station barriers and on-board. With e-tickets you’ll also get a PDF as a back up if you prefer to have something you can print
- Collect pre-purchased tickets within 15 minutes from the self-service machines at the station - you’ll need your booking reference and a credit card
- First class post - please allow five working days
- Collect from a staffed ticket office with your booking reference and proof of identification
Are you entitled to one of our Gold Cards?
Annual season ticket holders (including Annual Travelcard holders) on routes between Long Buckby - London Euston (including Marston Vale and Abbey line), London -West Midlands as far west as Shrewsbury and as far north as Stafford – see map, are entitled to a Gold Card giving you additional benefits:
- 1/3 off Standard and First Class Anytime and Off-Peak tickets for the cardholder and up to three adults aged 16 or over travelling with them
- 60% off child fares for up to four children aged between 5 and 15 years (subject to a £1 minimum fare)
- Up to two children aged under 5 years travel free of charge
- A one-year Railcard for £10 for you or a friend – choose from a 16-25, Family & Friends, Senior, Two Together, Disabled Persons or Network Railcard. You can purchase one discounted Railcard, subject to eligibility, during the validity of your Annual Gold Card. See Discounted Railcards section for details
- 1/3 off Off-Peak Day Travelcard Zones 1-6
- 1/3 off Oyster Off-Peak pay as you go single fares and the pay as you go daily price cap (after 09:30 Monday to Friday) for journeys on National Rail, London Underground and Docklands Light Railway services. The Annual Gold Card discount must be loaded on the Oyster card at London Underground ticket offices and is available to the Annual Gold Card holder only
- 1/3 off Anytime Day Travelcards when bought as part of your ticket to London from outside London Zones 1-9 (subject to time restrictions and a £19.10 minimum fare)
- 1/3 off PLUSBUS Day tickets in the Network Railcard area
- Discounts on journeys to the Isle of Wight using Wightlink, Red Funnel and HoverTravel
Discounts are available for travel at or after 09:30 hours on Mondays to Fridays. Valid at any time on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
For more information on the Gold Card please visit www.nationalrail.co.uk/goldcard