Introducing Flexi-Travel – the new flexible ticket
As a new normal takes shape, travel patterns have changed for many people, which is why we now offer a more flexible option with the Flexi-Travel ticket. It’s ideal for those who are working from home or part-time, or if you’re just not quite sure when you’ll need to travel.
How does the Flexi-Travel ticket work?
The Flexi-Travel ticket enables you to make 10 return journeys on the same route, within two calendar months. It allows you to travel anytime, and saves you 10% when compared to buying return tickets.
Where can I buy a Flexi-Travel ticket?
The Flexi-Travel ticket is currently available to buy from staffed ticket offices, at any of our staffed stations. Check our opening times here
We are working to make this available on the Smartcard as soon as possible. Order your Smartcard here
- Use it anytime with no time restrictions
- Save 10% compared with buying return tickets
- No need to wait in a queue to buy a ticket every time you travel
What you need to know
- Flexi-Travel is available on all London Northwestern Railway routes into and out of London
- All tickets must have the same start and end stations
- You need to validate your ticket before travel by entering the date with 2-digit numerical values only, e.g. 22 02 for travel on 22 February, using permanent black ink. If you do not date a Flexi-Travel ticket before boarding you may be charged the full fare for the journey being made
- Railcard discounts are not available with Flexi-Travel tickets
- Flexi-Travel tickets are only available for standard class travel
- Flexi-Travel tickets are valid for two calendar months from the day you purchase your ticket
- Only full sets of Flexi-Travel tickets can be refunded
- Following a purchase of a Flexi-Travel ticket, the route, expiry date and ticket type cannot be changed. A new ticket will need to purchased
Frequently Asked Questions
As everybody adjusts to a new way of life, it’s important to have flexible travel to accommodate this. The Flexi-Travel ticket doesn’t have any time restrictions, and can be used anytime within the calendar month. This gives you greater freedom to travel as and when you need to. It’s also more cost-effective, saving you 10% when compared to buying standard return tickets.
To help with social distancing, the Flexi-Travel ticket means you’ll only need to purchase one ticket for multiple journeys, rather than queuing to buy a ticket each time you travel.
Flexi-Travel is available on all London Northwestern Railway routes into and out of London.
The ticket allows you to make 10 return journeys on the same route, and must have the same start and end stations.
Once purchased and validated, the Flexi-Travel ticket can be used for two calendar months.
To validate your ticket before travel, you need to apply the start date to the ticket with permanent black ink, and with 2-digit numerical values only. For example, ‘22 07’ for travel starting from the 22nd of July.
If you do not date a Flexi-Travel ticket before boarding, you may be charged the full fare for the journey being made.
The Flexi-Travel ticket cannot be changed for another ticket, and the route cannot be altered after purchase.
Only full sets of Flexi-Travel tickets can be refunded.
Railcard discounts are not available with Flexi-Travel tickets.
Flexi-Travel tickets are only available for standard class travel.