Buying Tickets Online FAQs
Frequently asked questions about your online account and buying tickets online.
How it works
- Download the London Northwestern Railway tickets app
- Book your journey and select the m-ticket option. The ticket will be saved in the app under "My Tickets"
- Activate your ticket from within the app before going to the gate. Then scan your barcode to open the gates. If you are travelling from a station with no gates, just show your bar code to the barrier staff
- If your smartphone is lost, broken or runs out of battery and you can’t present your ticket you’ll need to buy another one
- Once you've bought an m-ticket, it cannot be exchanged or refunded
- Make sure you activate your m-ticket on the day of travel from within the app
- You may be asked to show the payment card used to buy the ticket, and a form of ID
- You cannot buy an m-ticket on someone's behalf unless you are travelling with them, as they will require the phone and the card that was used to pay for the ticket
- The mobile ticket has two parts, the first contains your details and the second contains the barcode to be scanned at the ticket barrier
You can log into your account during your ticket purchase.
To view your account details, change your personal information, password or email preferences, click Login/Register and log in with your email address and password.
Click Buy Tickets and enter your journey details to plan your journey online.
Our website clearly highlights the cheapest fare for your chosen journey. And if any tickets are limited in numbers, we will tell you. We also have a Best Fare Finder where we highlight the cheapest fares for your journey over a period of five days.
Click Buy Tickets and enter your journey details to check fares and buy tickets online.
Yes, you can buy daily tickets using PayPal on our website and mobile app. Just select the PayPal payment method at checkout.
We will email your booking details to you. The email will confirm your journey, any seat reservations, passengers, total cost and details on how to get your ticket.
You can also manage your booking in My Account
Or see your bookings in our mobile app - you just have to download the app and sign into your Ticket Wallet.
If you experience any problems collecting your tickets at a station, please go to the booking office where a member of staff will be happy to help you.
You can change or refund your ticket by going to My Account
Remember, not all tickets can be changed or refunded. But don’t worry, we’ll let you know if this is the case in the Purchase History section of My Account.
You can change or refund your ticket by calling us on 0333 311 0006
Remember, not all tickets can be changed or refunded. But don’t worry, we’ll let you know if this is the case when you contact us.
If you booked your ticket at a train station, simply return to the station and hand your unused ticket to a member of booking office staff. If your ticket qualifies for a refund they will ask you to complete a quick form and sign it. They’ll then process your refund.
Remember, not all tickets can be changed or refunded.
A number of options are available, including collect at station and postal delivery. When booking online, many tickets can be sent you by email or downloaded to our mobile app.
For postal deliveries to be available you must book at least five working days in advance.
You can manage your account by clicking Login/Register and logging in with your email address and password.
You’ll be able to change your personal information and password, and update your marketing preferences. You can also see your purchase history for the previous six months, as well refund and change eligible tickets.
Yes. When you book you will be asked for your billing address (this is the address to which your card is registered and your statements are delivered). You must complete this field. You can then choose to have your tickets delivered to another address.
Our website allows customers outside the UK to register with us and purchase tickets. We are unable to deliver overseas, however you will be given the option to collect tickets from the station, have them sent in an email, or download to our app - subject to ticket type and journey.
Yes, a Season Ticket that includes ‘London Travelcard zones 1-6’ allows you to travel on the tube, bus, DLR, Overground, tram, and other trains in zones 1 to 6.
Firstly, please check your spam or junk folder. We do sometimes end up in these places.
Alternatively, click Login/Register and log in to see your booking details. You can print these if you need to.
If you really need the email then feel free to call us on 0333 311 0006 and we’ll be happy to send you another one.
Absolutely. When making a booking you can request that the tickets are sent to a different address. Remember that if you do purchase tickets for someone else and have them posted to them directly, the sales receipt will be included and will show the last four digits of the credit card as well as the purchase price.
If you are choosing a Collect at Station delivery option, remember that only the cardholder can collect the tickets.
- If you have chosen to have your tickets delivered by mail, please allow 7 working days from the booking date for delivery
- If you have chosen to collect your tickets from a ticket vending machine, please insert the payment card used to make the booking and enter the collection reference, which can be found on your booking confirmation email or in My Account
Yes, as long as they have access to a payment card and the 8 character reference shown on your email confirmation.
We accept all major UK credit/debit cards registered to UK addresses and non UK addresses.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Diners and American Express. And we also accept PayPal.
Your booking confirmation email serves as your receipt.
Alternatively, you can log into your online account and download or print details of your booking.
Click Login/Register and follow the instructions for Forgotten Password. We’ll send you a new password which we ask you change in My Account immediately afterwards.