Business Continuity Policy
West Midlands Trains Ltd (WMT) provides passenger train services and is split into two separable business units (SBU). London Northwestern Railway provides passenger between London Euston and Liverpool Lime Street and some associated branch lines. West Midlands Railway provides passenger services within the West Midlands region and to other locations such as Shrewsbury, Hereford & Worcester. Each SBU will comply with the requirements of the business continuity management system (BCMS).
WMT will ensure through good risk management practices, it reduces or minimises the effects of a significant disruptive incident on the services we provide to our employees and customers. We will ensure effective business continuity plans are in place for an effective recovery of services and the protection of the health, safety and welfare of our employees and customers, during a disruptive event. Incidents may include, but not limited to: - operational incidents on Network Rail infrastructure; IT; pandemics; external parties; natural & environmental events (such as weather).
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all staff, customers, contractors and visitors at our offices, stations and depots.
- Maintain communications with staff and customers during operational disruption.
- Reduce the frequency and impact of significant operational disruptions.
- Continue to deliver agreed services, and business areas during operational disruption.
- Maintain public and customer confidence and WMT reputation
How this is will be achieved
- To establish and maintain a business continuity management system that meets the requirements of ISO 22301 and industry best practice.
- To identify applicable legal and regulatory requirements related to the continuity of our services, activities and resources.
- To identify and set business continuity objectives that are appropriate for the business
- To continually review, assess and improve the performance of the BCMS, to ensure its effectiveness.
Signed on behalf of West Midland Trains