Treat your Mum to a day out in London this Mother’s Day.
Give thanks to your Mum this Mother’s Day, by treating her to a special day out in London. Maybe it’s her favourite activity, or maybe it’s something completely new – but whatever you do, you can pay less and do more with London Northwestern Railway.
Please check before you travel. You can find out all the latest engineering works over on our engineering webpage.
Book a London Theatre Show
From Dirty Dancing to Mamma Mia, Les Miserable to Pretty Woman, if your Mum enjoys the theatre, a West-End show is a must.
P.S. It is important to note that not all productions are shown on a Sunday, so please check your timings in advance.
Get on board The London Eye
Explore London’s ‘eye-conic’ skyline for less with an amazing 360-degree view of the capital. Spot some of London’s most famous attractions, including Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace.
Better yet, you can pay less and do more by taking advantage of our 2FOR1 Lastminute.com London Eye offer when you travel by train.
Enjoy a Lunchtime London Cruise
Sail away on the Thames as you and your Mum enjoy lunch on the River Thames whilst spotting some of London’s most iconic sights.
- City Cruises: Enjoy a two-course lunch as you sail along the Thames tucking into roasted chicken or a pumpkin and mushroom hot pot, dauphinoise potatoes and a moreish triple chocolate truffle cake.
- Bateaux London Superior Cruise: This superior lunch cruise takes you alongside famous landmarks such as the London Eye and Tower Bridge whilst also being treated to a three-course dining experience that offers such dishes like their mouth-watering Seville orange cheesecake.
- Bateaux Sunday Jazz Cruise: For a more relaxed afternoon, why not delight all the senses with a Sunday lunch jazz cruise featuring classics from artists such as Frank Sinatra and Cole Porter?
Pay less and do more with 2FOR1 London Eye River Cruise when your travel by train.
Dine at Sky Garden
Situated in the glass dome of London’s highest garden and rooftop brasserie, Sky Garden has some of the capital’s best views. With a lively all-day dining location serving the very best British classics, you and your Mum will feel like you are eating like a queen.
Take a Seat on London’s Afternoon Tea Bus Tour
All aboard Brigit’s Bakery Afternoon Tea Bus Tour . A unique afternoon tea in London that combines tasty treats with a bus tour of London’s famous landmarks. Hook up to the on-board audio and find out more about the UK’s capital city.
Fly in a London Helicopter Ride
Many places may claim to have the best views of London, but you can’t beat the uninterrupted views of London from above. Book your Mum an unforgettable London helicopter ride as she takes in a 30 (or 50) minute sightseeing flight, spotting London’s landmarks such as Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge and The Shard.
Visit Kenwood House
This hidden gem in London is a beautiful way to spend Mother’s Day. The Kenwood House English Heritage site is surrounded by stunning tranquil landscaped gardens, with breath-taking interiors and world-class art collections. With a café onsite, you can also treat your Mum to a slice of cake and a nice hot cuppa whilst she takes a break from stretching her legs.
Indulge yourself at Melange Chocolate
London is home to some of the finest chocolatiers in the world – and shouldn’t your Mum deserve the very best? Melange Chocolate is famous for its creative range of bars, workshops, delicious hot chocolates, and healthy chocolate drinks. Shop for handmade luxury chocolate bars or stop in Melange’s coffee shop to sample their delicious drinks that will leave you and your Mum wanting more.
Grab brunch at the Duck & Waffle
Duck & Waffle offers a playful take on traditional British classics with a breath-taking view of London. Located on the 40th floor of London’s Salesforce Tower you can enjoy mouth-watering savoury and sweet brunch options, snacks and desserts that will leave you and your Mum having a ‘quacker’ of a time.
Stroll around St James’s Park
Mother’s Day doesn’t have to cost a fortune. Just spending time with your Mum can often be enough. Luckily, there are plenty of beautiful gardens and parks in London to explore. St James’s Park is surrounded by London landmarks such as Buckingham Palace, Clarence House and Whitehall. Take your Mum for a stroll around the park’s famous flower beds at the front of Buckingham Palace or enjoy impressive views of the lake and fountain from the park’s café.
What train ticket should I buy?
Here at London Northwestern Railway, we offer some of the cheapest tickets to London you can find.
- Travelling with the kids? Then our Family Travelcard may just be the ticket, as kids travel to London for just £1.
- Know when you want to travel? Book an advance train ticket and save big.
- Travelling at an unpopular time? You can pay less and do more with an Off-Peak or Super Off-Peak ticket
- Travelling in a group? You can save 1/3 off train travel with GroupSave when you travel with three or more people.
All of this with 0% booking fees. Now that’s a deal!